I suggest you ...

Gist Support

I wish I could put gists from github.com in my blogposts. I need the ability to use script tags to do so though.

19 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    moore.alexmoore.alex shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • amuamu commented  · 

your gits are very advantage

• Guilherme CardosoGuilherme Cardoso commented  · 

"Admin" with gits you can have your code sample at github, wich allows others users to fork it and keeps track of versions, forks, etc. When you create a new blog post, you would reference that git and users would be able to see the code in blog page, and if they want they could see the entire repository at the github.

I totally agree with this suggestion, it would be an awesome resource for bloggers to host the code and take advantage of it with git hub.

• moore.alexmoore.alex commented  · 

Gists are little snippets of code that are hosted by github.com, and you can embed them in your webpage with one line of javascript. I would like to use gists to show my code examples, but currently I can't put any javascript into my blog posts as far as I know.
        When you embed the gist, it will automatically pretty up your code. It highlights the syntax, add line numbers, etc.
        Because it is already a well established service, it would be nice to be able to use this to embed code examples into our blogposts without having to mess with styling, special CSS, etc.
        You can find out more, and play with it yourself here: http://gist.github.com/

Feedback and Knowledge Base